Thoughts on “Top 10 Meeting Trends for 2010″ Webinar
In August, I took a few digital-days-off to celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary in Croatia. While I was off-the-grid, Corbin Ball of Corbin Ball Associates and David Nour of Relationship Economics hosted a webinar on the 10 Meeting Trends for 2010. (Watch)
I finally got a chance to watch that webinar this week. It is loaded with links to new technologies that are guaranteed to dazzle your mind and send attendees dancing in the aisles. The data, examples and web links were protein enriched and packed with healthy goodness. The Q&A – which was spread throughout the session — was managed brilliantly. One criticism of the presentation – the Top 10 list was biased toward technology. So, it should have probably been a Meeting Tech Trends List.
The Top 10 Meeting Trends for 2010
10. Mobile Platforms
9. Social Networking Meeting Applications
7. Social Review Sites
6. Strategic Meetings Management
5. Video Options
3. Audience Response
2. Mobile Lead Retrieval
1. Power of Face-to-Face
(Source: Top 10 Meeting Trends Webinar by Corbin Ball and David Nour)
Now that you are aware of the event technology trends – how will you integrate this information into your 2010 event planning? If you are not sure, try asking yourself the following questions:
1. Which trends & tools improve my attendee experience and allow the attendee to achieve his/her objectives?
2. Which trends and tools will help me extend my event experience and create attendee value beyond the face-2-face event? (Before – During – After)
3. Which event objectives become easily (or cheaply) achievable with these tech tools?
4. Does my team have the right skills to flawlessly execute the tech at my event(s)? or will I need a good vendor partner?
What Does Your Crystal Ball Say?
Did David and Corbin hit the nail on the head with this Top 10 List? Or did they miss something in your opinion? Or maybe they got the trends right and the order wrong? What do you see when you look into your crystal ball?